Maintaining perfect oral hygiene during the holidays can be very exhausting. From trying to get friends and family together to sending out cards and presents as well as preparing all the meals there could take all of your time. It could affect the possibility of maintaining the slightest daily routine of keeping perfect oral hygiene. Luckily, we are here as your daily reminder to keep you on track. We would always send you tips on how to keep your teeth healthy.
Here are quick tips to protect your teeth this season.
- ✓ Have a routine. Hermey always brushes his teeth two times a day, for two minutes, and you should too! It’s what keeps your mouth healthy in December and all year long. Make sure to use a fluoride toothpaste that has earned the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
- ✓ Choose carrots. (That means you, Santa!) Cookies and sweets are nice holiday treats, but instead of reaching for another candy cane, take a cue from Rudolph and eat the carrots.
- ✓ Don’t forget the dentist! The holidays can be a busy time, but that doesn’t mean you can forget about your teeth. If you are due for a teeth cleaning or need work done, don’t forget to visit your dentist in December.
- ✓ Drink water. You need a lot of energy for holiday activities, but avoid drinking sodas, sports drinks, and juices with lots of sugar. Instead, drink water with fluoride in it to keep your teeth strong and healthy.
- ✓ Protect your teeth. Wear a mouthguard whenever you play sports – or reindeer games – this winter.