A beautiful, radiant smile doesn’t just make you look good in the mirror. It can boost your self-confidence, improve your mood, and even have a positive impact on your career and social relationships. Dirty, chipped or cracked teeth can make you want to hide your smile, however, veneers can help reveal it. Whether you want to improve your appearance or restore your teeth function, we are here to help.
What are veneers?
So what are veneers? Veneers are custom-made and made to fit perfectly over the front surface of your teeth. It’s like sliding a false nail over your real nail to make it look better. Beautifully crafted from ultra-thin porcelain, shaped to match the aesthetics of your smile, they can be classified as both restorative and cosmetic.
When were veneers created?
Veneers are very durable and can last up to 15 years. The first veneers were designed for Hollywood actors and celebrities in the 1940s hence why they are also called “Hollywood Smile”. By wearing veneers, these stars appeared to have the perfect teeth in front of the camera.
What problems do Veneers Solve?
Veneers are used to solve a range of restorative and cosmetic problems such as:
- Bridging the Smile Gap: Veneers can be used as a stand-alone treatment to fill small gaps in teeth and move slightly misaligned teeth, resulting in a smoother, more even smile.
- Repair Cracked tooth: The veneer fits over cracked teeth, and the thicker portion replaces and effectively hides the damaged area.
- Discoloration: Teeth whitening is preferred because it whitens all the teeth that make up a smile evenly, but veneers can be used to whiten individual teeth.
- Change tooth shape: Veneers can be carefully shaped to repair worn or chipped teeth.
The Veneers Process at Smile360: What to Expect
Veneer treatment at our Smile360 dental practice in Lagos and Abuja generally takes up to 3 visits. Here are 4 steps involved in this restorative and cosmetic dental treatment:
- Step 1 — Your cosmetic dentist scans your teeth with intra-oral X-Ray. Once done, your tooth or teeth are examined accordingly.
- Step 2 — The dentist prepares the tooth accordingly. Here at Smile360 dental practice, our team is extremely detailed in creating and shaving the tooth. enamel to the perfect size. This preparation will ensure the shape of the restoration is an exact match among your existing teeth.
- Step 3 — While the team creates your permanent veneer, our dentist will install a temporary veneer. This also gives you an experience of what your tooth will look like once it is installed.
- Step 4 — Finally, once your permanent tooth is ready, you are asked to come in for your fitting appointment. Upon arrival, the dentist will bond your veneer securely with powerful adhesive. Then you are good to go.
Custom made porcelain veneers at Smile360
We take great pride in creating veneers that our patients can be proud of and that have the potential to transform your smile.
Are there alternative treatments to veneers?
Here at Smile360, we believe in transparency with our patients. Before we offer veneers, we would have given you other treatment options if they are possible. We want to make sure you have the perfect smile. We look at what would work best with what you have, however, the final decision is yours to make.
How much does Smile360 veneer cost?
At Smile360 Dental Specialists, we believe every case is different and therefore the cost of each treatment is based on the complexity of it. And that is why we suggest an appointment to discuss your options and an estimate can be provided for you to decide on.
Does HMO or Insurance Pay for Veneers?
Each insurance is different and depending on the package you are on, it might be possible. When you come in for consultation, we can discuss your insurance and potential payment plans where necessary. While veneers are slightly more expensive, keep in mind that they last 15 years or more if proper care is taken care of.
To book your veneer appointment, please call us on 08181360000 for Lagos and 08181360023 for Abuja.