Do you want to have a dazzling smile that makes you stand out from the crowd? Do you want to improve your oral health and prevent dental problems? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you need to know about scaling and polishing teeth.
Scaling and polishing teeth are two dental procedures that are often done together to remove plaque and tartar from your teeth and gums. Plaque is a sticky film of bacteria that forms on your teeth every day. If plaque is not removed regularly, it can harden into tartar, which is a yellow or brown substance that sticks to your teeth and causes inflammation, bleeding, and bad breath.
Scaling and polishing teeth can help you get rid of plaque and tartar and restore the natural shine and smoothness of your teeth. Scaling involves using a special instrument called a scaler to scrape off the plaque and tartar from your teeth and below your gum line. Polishing involves using a rotating brush or rubber cup with a paste to buff your teeth and make them smooth and shiny.
Benefits of Scaling and Polishing Teeth
Scaling and polishing teeth have many benefits for your oral health and appearance:
- Scaling and polishing teeth can prevent gum disease, tooth decay, and tooth loss by removing the harmful bacteria that cause them.
- Scaling and polishing teeth can improve your breath by eliminating the odor-causing plaque and tartar.
- Scaling and polishing teeth can enhance your smile by removing the stains and discoloration that make your teeth look dull and yellow.
- Scaling and polishing teeth can boost your confidence and self-esteem by giving you a radiant smile that you can be proud of.
How Often Should You Scale and Polish Your Teeth?
The frequency of scaling and polishing teeth depends on your individual needs and oral hygiene habits. Generally, it is recommended that you scale and polish your teeth at least twice a year, or more often if you have a high risk of plaque and tartar buildup. Some factors that can increase your risk are:
- Smoking or chewing tobacco
- Drinking coffee, tea, wine, or other staining beverages
- Eating sugary or acidic foods
- Having braces, crowns, bridges, or implants
- Having diabetes, heart disease, or other systemic conditions
- Taking certain medications that affect your saliva flow
Your dentist can advise you on how often you should scale and polish your teeth based on your dental history and current condition.
Where to Scale and Polish Your Teeth in Nigeria?
If you are looking for a reliable and professional dental clinic in Abuja to scale and polish your teeth, look no further than Smile 360 Dental Specialists.
At Smile 360 Dental Specialists, we use the most advanced equipment and techniques to scale and polish your teeth with minimal discomfort and maximum results. We also provide personalized care and education to help you maintain your oral health and smile for life.
Scaling and polishing teeth are the secret to a radiant smile. Let Smile 360 Dental Specialists help you achieve it. Don’t wait any longer to get the smile you deserve.